Friday, April 19, 2024

Time Waits for No Man


      Ahh to be young again...

This picture of me and "Paint" at the family cattle ranch in California was taken circa 1974, at the same time I began to paint military miniatures.
                          
A few years later I painted these metal 15mm (.59in.) Kentucky Cavalry of the War Between the States (These were the first Civil War pieces I painted as my first armies were Napoleonic and African Colonial Scrubby "N" scale miniatures). I painted the third man from the left as me based on the above photo. As Levi Jackets weren't common in the East that time. I'm wearing my leather jacket and red shirt.  I doubted Pintos were common in Southern Cavalry, so I painted my horse as a black Morgan like my Great-grandfather rode at the 28 July 1864, Battle of Ezra Church. 

50 years and 26,000+ figures later, I still have fond memories of those college days, early painted armies and countless miniature battles. My hair is grayer, and I need glasses, but I still have a passion for painting figures and miniature games. It seems that some things don't change with time LOL.


No comments:

Post a Comment